TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - but I'm not complaining...
People Seeking Info

Subject but I'm not complaining...

Posted by DAYTONAZ on January 08, 2016 at 8:22 AM
  This message has been viewed 585 times.

In Reply To So.. there I was cruising along... posted by DAYTONAZ on January 08, 2016 at 08:03 AM

Message the timing of the event wasn't really opportune coming up on Christmas break, but for some reason I wasn't upset like I'd normally be. I was doing 75mph on I-4, started smelling some funny smells, maybe the cars in front of me? hmm switching lanes didn't help, rut row, temp gauge is creeping north, head for next exit... push in clutch engine stalls... dam this is a loonng exit, good thing the Z is aerodynamic it coasts really well all the way to the end as I barely make into a 7-11 parking lot and into a parking space. Let it cool, it will crank but not start, it's really hot but after an hour she finally starts but is pumping water out of the right exhaust. My buddy brings the car trailer and away we go. It sucked at that point because I knew the motor was gone. So I parked her in the driveway and pulled the cover over it and decided to not look at her again till after Christmas break and my daughter starts school again.

but I'm still not complaining..
it's just that I haven't rebuilt the original motor yet and I'm not prepared to do so.. just yet... So plan B.. take the original high mile motor, clean it up, reseal it, new belt and pulleys, swap the injectors, turbos and mani's over, stick her in and see if she'll go. After all it only needed an injector.... right?..

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.